Recipe by Steak&Taters
These are like the famous "Pepperoni Rolls" made by Double Dave's Pizzaworks from College Station, TX, Home of Texas A&M University. I use to sit and watch the guys making them, while eating a bunch. Best served with Ranch dressing, or Pizza sauce. These Pepperoni Rolls don't need sauce inside to be really, really good. I used to be able to eat about 9 of these for dinner in college. I make them by the dozen, because my two kids eat a lot of them. Watch out - These are addicting!
Top Review by alligirl
These were much better than anticipated, although my 'rolling' abilities need some work! I was afraid they would be too doughy, but they were very tasty, with the pepperoni and cheese tucked nicely inside. I prefer a pizza sauce for dipping, so I used that, but DH enjoyed the ranch. I will probably make these again, and hope for a miracle, that I can make them look a little better! Thanks for sharing a great recipe, Steak&Taters!
- 1 package pillsbury pizza crust, Thin Crust Pizza dough
- 30 pepperoni slices, regular or 30 turkey
- 3 slices smoked provolone cheese, each round slice, sliced into 4 strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll pizza dough onto large counter top.
- Cut dough in half lengthwise to make 2 strips, ~4 inches by ~18 inches.
- Gently stretch dough until it is about 3 feet long, and 6 inches wide. It will be semi thin.
- Lay 5 pepperoni slices across end of the dough, just inside the short end edge.
- Lay 2 strips of provolone onto the pepperoni.
- Gently pull ends of dough, on side up over the edge of the pepperoni's about 1 inch.
- From end, roll dough 1 1/2 times to cover the pepperoni and seal the roll.
- Slice the roll off from the dough strip with sharp knife, Each strip should make 3 rolls.
- Bake on preheated 400 degree oven approximately 10 - 15 min., until golden brown.
- Serve with Ranch and / or Pizza sauce in little dishes to dip the end of the roll into. Enjoy!