Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
Different variation of pizza but good. I like it.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell, 9 in
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- Bake unbaked shell at 375° for 11 minutes.
- Sprinkle the shell with 2/3 C swiss cheese.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, cream, salt, oregano, cayenne, and pepper. Pour over cheese and bake 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- In a skillet, sauté onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, thyme, sugar and basil and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Sprinkle remaining swiss over quiche. Top with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle pepperoni, mozzarella and olives on top.
- Bake 5 minutes more until cheese has melted.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.