Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious snack or light lunch. You can add more toppings such as mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives, etc. but just keep in mind that these are a little smaller than a standard muffin.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Using cooking spray coat muffin pan bottom & sides.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs, milk & oil with whisk until combined.
- Add flour, basil, oregano & garlic powder. Beat until well combined. Stir in pepperoni.
- Fill prepared muffin pan HALF full of batter. Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes or until popovers appear dry.
- Remove from oven and add a teaspoon to tablespoon of marinara sauce on the top of each popover. Sprinkle cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from pan & serve. Enjoy!
After reading the other reviews, I decided to use my own method of cooking these popovers and it worked out great! Preheat oven to 450 degrees, spray popover pan with cooking spray and put a few drops of oil in the bottom of each cup. When oven has preheated, place the EMPTY pan inside and let it get hot. Remove pan and fill each cup 1/2 full of prepared batter. Bake at 20 minutes at 450. Reduce heat to 350 and bake another 20 minutes. Remove popovers from oven and cut a slit in the top of each so steam can escape. Serve with marinara sauce. PERFECT! Thanks for the great recipe!
Perfect! The dough is very light. We made this for a movie night at home.. hit the spot!
These were absolutely delicious and I will most definitely make them again. After baking them at 400 for 20 minutes, I removed them to put the sauce and cheese on, and most of them fell....leaving them a little doughy in the middle and not light and airy like a popover should be. They also needed salt, and I would suggest that be added to the ingredients list as they needed at least a dash to the batter. Hence I felt I could not rate them a five Could be my oven, but I think next time I make them I will make sure they are well baked (they were lovely puffed up and golden) before I add the topping. Thanks for this! and thanks for the suggestion to add other things such as olives!