Came up with this when I didn't want the same ol' everyday omelet. I bet you could even get your pickiest eater to like this--what kid doesn't like pizza?;) If you don't want to use pepperoni, just substitute some chopped cooked ham. Submitted to "ZAAR" on September 26th, 2007.
- In a small bowl beat together eggs, milk, and Italian seasonings until well blended.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add eggs; as the eggs set lift edges so the rest of the eggs can cook.
- When eggs are partially set, spread pizza sauce on half of the eggs.
- Cover sauce with mozzarella cheese; cover cheese with pepperoni.
- Place other half of omelet over pepperoni.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a couple of minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.
Flavor loaded omelet - I used salsa instead of pizza sauce (supply & demand) & cut back on the cheese (skim milk mozzarella) Lovely brunch Thanks Shapweaver
My first shot at pizza omelet but not the last. I unashamedly wolfed one for breakfast after reading lazyme's review; it just sounded too good to pass up. Made for I Recommend, a tag game. Going into my permanent files too. TFS
I love pizza omelets and this is a terrific version! I was out of pizza sauce and used Pizza Sauce. Made as directed except that I used my microwave omelet maker - my pan omelets are not a pretty site, lol. Loved it! Thanks shapeweaver for a good meal. Made for I recommend tag game.