Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spread with garlic butter for a tasty treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup hormel mini pepperoni or 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup creme fraiche or 3⁄4 cup thin sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- garlic butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, pepperoni, cheese, minced onion, garlic, oregano, black pepper, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs lightly. Stir in the tomato paste and creme fraiche until blended. Stir in oil.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add wet mixture. Gently stir until blended then divide into muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted can be removed cleanly.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then turn out and finish cooling on a wore rack.
- Serve with garlic butter, if desired.
Delicious, never would have though pizza and muffins could mix, but they do so wonderfully. Still tastes like a muffin, with a slight pizza aftertaste with a little zip provided by the pepperonis. Great treat!