Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you want to offer a tomato sauce that's so exciting, you can make this easy pepperoni pizza dip in about five minutes. The recipe calls for canned tomato sauce and reduced-fat pepperoni, it goes well with part-skim cheese sticks or whole-grain breadsticks.
- 1 (250 ml) can tomato sauce (no-salt)
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoni, reduced fat, chopped (about 16 slices)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 part-skim mozzarella string cheese or 4 string cheese sticks
- In a blender or food processor, combine tomato sauce, pepperoni, oregano, and basil. Belnd until smooth. Divide mixture among 4 small dishes and serve with mozza sticks for dipping.
Loved this dip. I served it with the mozza sticks and also garlic bread. I think it would also be good used as the base sauce on a pizza.