Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love to make this for company! So good with a little kick to it! Great for game day or a cold winter night :)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Cook ground beef.
- Mix all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook 8 hours. Garnish with mozzarella cheese if desired.
I made exactly as written and found it to be quite disappointing. It was So Bland! I ended up putting a bunch of spices to try and save it. Lots of Chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, extra italian seasoning, salt and pepper. After all of that spicing up, did it have some flavor. With all the extra spices, it was pretty good, but it lost the pizza taste with the addition of the chili powder. But it was good chili at that point! Don't forget the mozzarella cheese!
Our family LOVES this soup! I omit the salt since it's plenty salty, and then we add in whatever pizza toppings sound good. I also use a combination of hamburger and Italian sausage. I've made it many times and will be making it many, many more!
This was a good dish, the Itialian season stewed tomatoes really makes a difference. I used two cups of water since I like a soupy type chilli. I also addes sliced mushrooms to the mix. wonderful The best part about this dish is that you can add many combinations of toppings. Black Olives, sausage, bacon. etc.... Great and surely a crowd pleaser. thanks