Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the beans, pizza sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, pepperoni, green pepper, pizza seasoning and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until chili reaches desired thickness.
- Garnish with cheese if desired.
Had to cook about 1 1/2 hours to get the thickness right. After 30 minutes, was very soupy. Added 1 tsp coarse ground pepper. Used turkey pepperoni. Would chop pepperoni (recipe didn't say to) so it blends in better. Definitely different.
I left out the kidney beans because I don't like them and reduced the amount of water to about one half cup. I added onions and garlic to mine and thought the result was quite good.
I made this a few years ago, and it is super good! DH loves to make pizza and it's a nice chili to make when there are leftover pizza toppings in the fridge!