Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great appetizer or snack - great for tailgating.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits per can)
- 56 pepperoni slices
- 16 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (18 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut up the block of cheese into 1" squares.
- Flatten a biscuit out then stack a slice of pepperoni, cube of cheese and finish with another slice of pepperoni.
- Gather up the edges of the biscuit to secure the pepperoni & cheese inside.
- Grease a 9x13 pan and line with the biscuits, seam side down, sides touching. Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning & garlic powder.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- In the meantime, warm the pizza sauce. When bites are done, serve with the warm sauce.
- NOTE: Can separate the biscuits if you prefer a less crusty bite, in that case use 1 16 oz can and 1 8 oz can and halve each biscuit.
- Also, you can mix it up using different ingredients, like eggs, cheese & bacon for breakfast bites, ham & cheese, sausage in place of pepperoni - use your imagination.