Recipe by looneytunesfan
This pizza casserole gets on the table pronto. A great one-dish wonder.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
It just so happened that I had similar ingredients in my pantry waiting to be used. My rendition was more healthful but still captured the kid-friendly comfort food quality of this recipe. Used whole wheat noodles instead of regular and soy pepperoni and mozzarella for the pizza topping. It was fast, quick and comforting and something I know my nephews would like and I would happily serve and enjoy with them .
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 1⁄4 cups pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a bowl, combine noodles and 3/4 cup pizza sauce. Transfer to a greased 13-in.x 9-in.x 2-in. baking dish. Top with remaining pizza sauce.
- Layer with the mushrooms, olives and pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.