Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This pizza casserole gets on the table pronto. A great one-dish wonder.
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 1⁄4 cups pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a bowl, combine noodles and 3/4 cup pizza sauce. Transfer to a greased 13-in.x 9-in.x 2-in. baking dish. Top with remaining pizza sauce.
- Layer with the mushrooms, olives and pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
It just so happened that I had similar ingredients in my pantry waiting to be used. My rendition was more healthful but still captured the kid-friendly comfort food quality of this recipe. Used whole wheat noodles instead of regular and soy pepperoni and mozzarella for the pizza topping. It was fast, quick and comforting and something I know my nephews would like and I would happily serve and enjoy with them .
Made this last night. It made A lot ! I froze the leftovers. Made as directed. I used chopped pepperoni as that is what I had on hand. The boys liked it. DH and I thought it needed more of the "toppings". Maybe next time I would also mix them in instead of just layering on top. Overall taste was good. Very easy to put together. Thanks for sharing.