Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like this recipe because it's a good warm dish that requires only a little prep and very little cleanup...it also makes enough to have leftovers. It's great with just a salad on the side! **The whole wheat pasta holds up better, and adds a good flavor to the dish. You can use regular if you like.
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box whole wheat penne
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepperoni
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces of preferred pasta sauce
- mushrooms (optional) or olives (optional) or bell pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil pasta until "al dente", you want it firm but tender.
- Toss pasta with sauce, place one layer of pasta in bottom of 13x9 baking dish. Top with layer of mozzarella and pepperoni. Repeat until all of pasta has been layered. Top with pepperoni and cheese.
- Put in oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove, let sit for 5 minutes.
This was a very simple yet tasty recipe. My kids liked it and it is so cheap to make for a quick week night dinner. I added a salad and bread on the side and called it good.