Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
My husband makes this often during football season:) It has a really wonderful flavor left plain, but Chris has been known to cut this into strips and lightly toast them, with a bowl of warmed pizza sauce nearby to dunk them in:)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; coat with Parmesan cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix together the milk, oil, basil, red pepper flakes, and egg.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, olives, and the 2 tablespoons.
- grated Parmesan cheese; mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan; sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick tests out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan on a wire rack before inverting.
- Serve warm, or cool completely.
- Store tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.