Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
DH gave this 5 stars, and I hope you all will follow suit! :) I threw this together when I had one of my many many pizza cravings. We're pretty conscious about white carbs, especially in the evening, so if you're like us and you love pizza, you'll love this. I am sure kids would love it too.
- 1 lb italian seasoned ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 9 slices pepperoni
- 9 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Heat oil in skillet, and saute onions until slightly tender.
- Add mushrooms, continue to saute until mushrooms and onions are both tender and leaving juices.
- Set aside, keep warm.
- In same skillet, brown ground turkey.
- About halfway through browning turkey, add in the quartered pepperoni.
- Drain fat/liquid and return turkey and mushroom/onion mixture to skillet.
- Add the pizza sauce, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer uncovered for 10-12 minutes, letting a large amount of the liquid cook away.
- Transfer mixture to square pyrex pan.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining pepperoni.
- At this point, you can cover and put in the fridge if you want to prepare/serve later.
- Bake at 350, uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly.
Wow this was tasty and easy to prepare! I did use cheddar cheese along with the mozzarella! Thank you ; )
Hey Your Dh is right. This is great and a lot of options can be done with the basic crustless pizza theme. My son can eat pizzas for all his meals and I worry about the consumption of all that bread. This is a superb option. I used chicken mince as we do not get turkey that easily where I live in India. Added green pepper and spring onions too for an added veggie quotient with my own homemade pizza sauce. Thanks :) Fay