Recipe by Miss Annie
This recipe was submitted by Barbara McIntosh of Midland, Texas to Taste of Home and posted here in response to a request. She writes, "I've served this satisfying lasagna for years-when our children were small, they preferred it more than a steak dinner! Now I bring a pan when I visit my grandkids."I have not made this dish.
Top Review by Southern Transplant
Very good. I split this into two 8X8" dishes and froze one. Both times there was too much liquid in the bottom of the dish, so I am wondering if I missed something (the eggs, maybe?) I will try again. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) carton small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, bouillon and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese and sour cream.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Layer with four noodles, the cottage cheese mixture and pepperoni.
- Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 350ºF.
- for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.