Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
I pulled this one out of a newlywed magazine. It looked so yummy and so easy to make that I had to share it!
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (such as basil, parsley, or oregano, or all)
- 2 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat the broiler.
- Toast the English muffins in the broiler or toaster until they're golden brown and crisp.
- Arrange the muffins, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Stir the herbs into the tomato sauce and spread 2 tablespoons of the sauce over each English muffin half.
- Top off the pizzas with pepperoni, dividing it evenly; sprinkle each with mozzarella and top with the oregano.
- Place the pizzas under the broiler for about 2 minutes, until the cheese melts and the pepperoni is sizzling.
- Serve warm.
These were one of the 10 or so meals served to me while I was growing up, so these are very nostalgic to me. My mom used jarred spaghetti sauce and baked them at 400 instead of broiling them. Try it, the English muffins get nice and crunchy that way! Now that I'm a mom, I use my own pizza sauce and top with part-skim mozzarella, Parmesan, turkey pepperoni, and thinly sliced green peppers. Yummy and easy for those lazy nights. Can even use whole grain or wheat English muffins without compromising anything. Thanks for the memories!
These are perfect for OAMC. I used a tomato/basil spaghetti sauce, garlic seasoning, black olives, and turkey pepperoni, but stuck with Mozzarella cheese. My whole family is hooked! Thanks for posting!