1/1 Photo of Pepperoni Cheese Bread / Calzone
This recipe uses a scone/damper dough for the bread, so no major kneading or waiting around for dough to rise. What you use to fill it is limited only by your imagination - pepperoni, ham, chicken, whatever takes your fancy! Note: you can make self-raising flour by mixing 2 cups all-purpose flour with 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and a pinch of salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted (see note)
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano, chopped (or 1/4 cup dried)
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 200 g sliced mushrooms, sauteed (or tinned)
- 200 g pepperoni slices (or ham, chicken, etc)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Combine flour and oregano in a large bowl. Combine sour cream and milk and stir in to dry ingredients. Mix quickly to form a soft dough.
- 2Turn onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead gently, then press or roll dough into a rectangle shape, about 5mm (1/4 inch) thick.
- 3Beat cream cheese with milk until smooth. Spread evenly over dough, leaving a 1cm (1/2 inch) border. Top the cream cheese with pepperoni slices, mushrooms and cheddar cheese. Brush the beaten egg around the border, then fold the dough over and crimp the edges with a fork.
- 4Place the bread on a lightly-greased (or lined) baking tray. Cut a few slits across the top of the dough and brush with extra beaten egg. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 5Bake in a hot oven (200C/400F) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with a green salad or slice into finger food size snacks.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepperoni Cheese Bread / Calzone
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.8
- Calories from Fat 587
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.9 g
- Cholesterol 223.3 mg
- Sodium 2029.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 30.7 g