Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Caesar with a spicy spin.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 1⁄2 cups caesar croutons
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Combine dressing ingredients (first 7).
- In large salad bowl, combine romaine and pepperoni.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Sprinkle with croutons and parmasan.
I wasn't totally sold on the dressing, but I loved the combination of ingredients otherwise. I am always looking for something to add some sizzle to the salad bowl. Pepperoni did just that without loading the salad with calories. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This was a great salad which we had as a light dinner. I did mix Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago cheeses. It was delicious! Thanks Inez
Inez, this was really good, I never thought of making a caesar dressing with mayo so I was surprised (pleasantly) at the taste. I didn't have fresh parmesean so I had to use the Kraft (shaker) instead. Thanks for posting this! It wazs great with the lasagna I served :)