Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Start with a tube of refrigerator bread dough, then add pizza-like toppings, roll up and bake until golden. This loaf is great served alongside spaghetti, or serve slices as an appetizer with a marinara dipping sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pillsbury makes an Italian Loaf and a French Loaf - both work fine. Remove unbaked bread from refrigerator tube; unroll.
- Place all chopped ingredients on top of dough, leaving an inch clear on the longest side to use for pinching and sealing. Roll up loaf and pinch to seal.
- Place on non-stick baking sheet. Using a very sharp knife, score loaf diagonally about 1/4 inch into dough, exposing bits of the colorful filling.
- MAKE-AHEAD HINT - you can make them to this point, then cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake 350 degrees for 28-29 minutes until nicely browned.
Really great--simple-delicious-fun!I added some fried peppers, onions and mushrooms in place of the black olives(none in the cupboard). Mine baked in approximately 18 minutes! We both really loved this and DH took the leftovers for his lunch the next day--he said it warmed up fine in the microwave. Thanks for posting this!
Boy this is a great recipe! I didn't use the olives, otherwise made as directed and was pleasantly surprised with just how good it was. I served this with pasta but with a salad I think it could be a meal on its own. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Tastes great and easy. Had with turkey pepperoni, peccarino cheese and green peppers, served with homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Everyone enjoyed, will make again.