Recipe by Renee Ferraz
This is wonderful to serve with spaghetti or lasagna.
Top Review by hotsunday
Hi Renee, thanks for posting this receipe. I however could not get the darn thing to seal, guess my fingers aren't strong enuff (j/t). I did make it however, using frozen bread dough as a base. I now have a new name and a great meal out of this, name open faced stromboli AND ITS GREAT. LOL Seriously I did make and got some very good reviews from it. I might add with the open appearance its very attractive. thanks again,
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thin and sauted in oil til soft
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1⁄2 lb sliced provolone cheese
- 1 package sliced pepperoni
- parmesan cheese, grated
- garlic salt
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out dough on a floured surface into a 12x14-inch rectangle.
- Arrange provolone cheese, pepperoni and bell peppers down center of dough, overlapping slices.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and garlic salt over top.
- Fold sides to enclose filling.
- Seal seams and ends well.
- Brush top of loaf with oil Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 mins.
- or until golden brown.
- Slice into serving portions.