Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great with soup or salad!
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Roll frozen bread dough out into a rectangle.
- Brush dough with beaten egg.
- Arrange pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese over the dough.
- Sprinkle on the Italian seasoning.
- Roll up dough like a jellyroll and pinch seam to seal; place, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden.
Fantastic! I made this for the first time today, and it was great. Instead of making 1 roll out of the bread dough, I made 2 smaller ones. I also only left it in the oven 30 minutes. Served with brocoli soup. Big hit.
I needed a quick dinner so decided on this. This was good and easy to make. I did have some problems with the dough sticking so next time I would lay some flour down before rolling out the dough. I didn't use the egg or the italian seasoning. I added parmesan cheese to the top. Mine cooked in about 20-25 minutes. This was good but when we added Recipe #255242 for dipping it was a five star recipe.
Very simple, great tasting recipe. I've made it by brushing with the egg and by using pizza sauce; both ways are good. I've also used the frozen dough and homemade--homemade was definitely better, but frozen was fine. I brush butter on when bread comes out of the oven and sprinkle with garlic salt.