1/3 Photos of Pepperoni Bird
2 hrs 45 mins
Bay Laurel's Note:
I don't know if a recipe like this exists anywhere but it was an idea I came up with thinking of a way to maximize the flavor of a young turkey breast.I decided that pepperoni inserted into a turkey would be fabulous...and it was. It turned out to be the inspiration to my Italian themed dinner party and was a huge hit. I will make this again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1stab breast numerous times with small steak knife to make slits to insert pepperonis.
- 2Pack each slit to ensure full flavor explosion.
- 3Put turkey breast in shallow pan and coat with a cup of olive oil.
- 4In a small dish, mix parmesean cheese and Italian recipe mix.
- 5Apply dry mixture to oiled bird.
- 6Cover with tin foil and cook for 2-3 hrs at 350 degrees breast side up. Remove tin foil an hour before the bird is done roasting to ensure a beautiful brown coat.
- 7For extra moistness, baste bird every hour.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepperoni Bird
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1209.2
- Calories from Fat 809
- Total Fat 89.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 298.7 mg
- Sodium 1189.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 92.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix