Recipe by Bay Laurel
I don't know if a recipe like this exists anywhere but it was an idea I came up with thinking of a way to maximize the flavor of a young turkey breast.I decided that pepperoni inserted into a turkey would be fabulous...and it was. It turned out to be the inspiration to my Italian themed dinner party and was a huge hit. I will make this again.
- 4 -6 lbs turkey breast, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepperoni, sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix, dry
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, fine grate
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- stab breast numerous times with small steak knife to make slits to insert pepperonis.
- Pack each slit to ensure full flavor explosion.
- Put turkey breast in shallow pan and coat with a cup of olive oil.
- In a small dish, mix parmesean cheese and Italian recipe mix.
- Apply dry mixture to oiled bird.
- Cover with tin foil and cook for 2-3 hrs at 350 degrees breast side up. Remove tin foil an hour before the bird is done roasting to ensure a beautiful brown coat.
- For extra moistness, baste bird every hour.