Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the greatest sauce ever and you don't have to simmer it for hours! This is the only sauce we will eat! We always make this with Cheddar-Garlic Biscuits.
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 roll spicy sausage, fully cooked (or 1 pound cooked hamburger)
- 4 ounces pepperoni, finely chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms
- Combine the first ten ingredients into a 3 quart saucepan.
- Add cooked meat, pepperoni and mushrooms.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Serve over hot spaghetti noodles.