1 hr 45 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
I came across this recipe in one of my cookbooks, Texas Blossoms. I have modified it a tad bit, but not too much. This is an excellent dish to bring to a pot luck, buffet or even for serving to "company". It doesn't have a lot of sauce so, in turn, you don't taste just the Alfredo sauce. The pepperoni gives it an outstanding flavor and since it has green peas you can "kid" yourself that it's a healthy dish...lol! Please don't let the long list of ingredients deter you from trying this recipe. If you like pasta and pepperoni you must try this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 ounces frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 40 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package knorr alfredo sauce mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons milk, if needed or 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream, for thinning if needed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large dutch oven heat olive oil & 2 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- 3Add mushrooms, onion, celery, green pepper, yellow pepper, red bell pepper and garlic.
- 4Saute on medium heat about 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft and transparent and mushroom are cooked through.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste and cayenne pepper.
- 6Add white wine, worchestershire sauce and pepperoni and saute for approximately 15 minutes.
- 7Add peas and cook another 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and set aside.
- 9Cook pasta just to al dente stage then drain and set aside.
- 10Prepare sauce mix with milk and butter according to package directions.
- 11Add basil, oregano and thyme, mixing well.
- 12Add mozzarella cheese to sauce mix and stir well until cheese is melted.
- 13Toss pasta in reserved vegetable mixture in dutch oven, being careful not to break up pasta.
- 14Add cream sauce to pasta mixture and stir until pasta is coated again being careful not to break up pasta.
- 15If more sauce is needed add 3 tbsp milk or heavy cream.
- 16Pour into 9x13 baking dish and top with grated parmesean cheese.
- 17Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly around sides.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepperoni and Pasta Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 821.6
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 152.4 mg
- Sodium 1099.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
alfredo sauce mix