Recipe by MelinOhio
This is always a hit for appetizers or a great hot lunch. You can add your favorite pizza toppings and roll it up and bake it. I use pizza sauce for dipping. It reminds me of a Calzone from Pizza Hut.
- 1 lb loaf frozen bread dough
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagessliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole dried oregano
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw dough, and allow to rise according to package directions.
- Divide dough in half, and set one portion aside.
- Turn out remaining portion of dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough into a 10 inch circle.
- Combine egg and parmesan cheese, stirring well; spread half of egg mixture over each circle, leaving a 1/2 inch margin at edges.
- Layer half of pepperoni and half of mozzarella cheese over egg mixture, and sprinkle with half of oregano.
- Roll up dough jellyroll fashion.
- Seal edges and fold under ends.
- Transfer loaf, seam side down to an ungreased baking sheet, Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices, serve with pizza sauce to dip.