Recipe by Leta
Homemade pepperoni. You have to let it stand in the fridge overnight before baking.
Top Review by LisaJo Borchers
I'm going to use regular coarse salt, as I can't have nitrates that are in the curing salt. I will probably freeze it in small batches in lieu of that. I update how it went.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, slightly crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Divide in half into slender rolls about 1 1/3 inch in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic or foil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and bake on broiler pan at 200 F for 4 hours.
- Store wrapped in the refrigerator.