Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
We used to go to a restaurant that served this and we loved it so much that I learned how to make it!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, sliced fine NOT MINCED
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, I use flavored
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried chilies (or if not red pepper flakes work fine)
- salt, fresh ground pepper, herbs (to taste)
- 1 cup water, from pasta pot
- Put pasta in pot to boil over high heat. I usually put in oil, some salt, and fresh herbs in mine. Boil till tender, save 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Pour oil in skillet. When hot put garlic in it. Swirl around till fragant, about 3-4 minute.
- Add spices and pasta. Add water, a little bit at a time, till pasta does not look dry but is not swimming in liquid either. Add 1/4 cup at a time. Toss to incorporate all together.
I used the red pepper flake and I also add dried oregano, parsley and basil. This is one of my favorite things to eat !
This was fantastic! Came home late and hungry,whipped this up and we loved it! Goes great with a green salad and a nice glass of red wine. Simple and satisfying! I will make this often.
Overall- Good pasta! Maybe a little to much oil for my liking, but will make again with less oil (and will be fun to play with the seasonings).