Recipe by suzyhomemakerwannabe
This is awesome and yummy! I got this recipe from a friend of ours and we can't stop making and eating it! It is so easy, and since you use a crock pot it is fast and simple!
- 4 lbs roast
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
- 2 (3/4-1 ounce) packages au jus mix
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 -10 hoagie rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a crock pot (on high setting), cook roast about 6-8 hrs, depending on the roast cut, in the peppers juice.
- Set the peppers aside for later.
- Once the meat is cooked it should be falling apart, you can either take it out to shred it and put it back in the pot, or do your best to separate the meat while it stays inside the crock pot.
- Add the peppers and sliced onion.
- Add Au Jus mix, I take some of the pepper juice out and mix the Au Jus so there are no lumps, and then add it back to the meat, you may want to add a little water, so the meat is covered.
- Cook on low for about another hour or so.