Recipe by babyrae.0001
This is great for summer! Straight from the crockpot. Makes about 8-10 sandwiches.
Top Review by momofM&M
My family and I loved this roast...including my super-picky 4 yr old! The meat was so flavorful and tender... I almost bought more chuck roast at the store today because I'm craving more of it! We'll definitely be making this often!
- 6 -7 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (8 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, with juice
- 8 -10 sandwich buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In crockpot put chuck roast, onion soup mix, Italian seasoning, oregano, beef flavored soup base, salt, pepper, fill with water to top of roast. Cover, cook on high for 7-8 hours.
- when roast can be separated with a fork, remove approximately 2 cups of water, then add 1 jar of pepperoncinis and juice. Mix with spoon, cover. cook on med. for 1/2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, put beef on sandwich bun; top off with mozzarella cheese.