Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is one of my favorite things to make because it is so good the next day for lunch.
- 3 lbs boneless beef roast (chuck, cross rib, rump)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
- 2 ounces Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 French rolls
- Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 7-10 hours.
- Once roast is falling apart, remove roast and shred in a large bowl.
- Skim out pepperoncinis and add to the shredded roast.
- Reserve the au jus liquid.
- Split rolls in half and place on a cookie sheet in oven to toast 3-5 minutes, remove from oven.
- Place shredded roast and pepperoncini( about a cup) on one half of roll and 1/2 cup shredded cheese on other half.
- Put back on oven to melt cheese.
- Pour au jus liquid into individual cups for dipping.
So good! The pepperoncinis made it nice and tangy.
This was a really good shredded beef sandwich. I followed the recipe and really liked the amount of spiciness it had. The only thing I would do differently next time is make it ahead of time and give the juice time to cool so I could separate the fat from the juice because there was too much fat to use it as a dipping sauce otherwise.
Quick, easy, tasty recipe. The comments about it being better the next day must be true, my husband took it in his lunch cold the next TWO days and normally I can NEVER get him to take leftovers. Thanks for a great, easy meal!