Recipe by mliss29
I think I came up with these as a result of surfing the web and adding a few ideas together. These are really, really good. Be sure to use the parchment or wax paper or you will have a terrible mess on your hands. (Guess how I know this. ;) )
Top Review by Delicious as it Looks
These cookies are pretty good. The candy gives them a crisp texture, with a little chew. I used round peppermint candies (about 24 will give you 1/2 cup crushed). They spread out a little too much for my liking and browned a little too quick. Definitely be sure to parchment paper. Otherwise, I like the flavor combination of creamy white chocolate and crisp peppermint.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (about 1/2 a 12 oz. Bag)
- 1⁄2 cup candy cane, crushed (about 50 of the little ones)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter until light. Gradually add sugars, creaming well until blended. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Stir together flour, salt and soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending well.
- Stir in chips and crushed candy canes.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper. Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes until golden.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.