I think I came up with these as a result of surfing the web and adding a few ideas together. These are really, really good. Be sure to use the parchment or wax paper or you will have a terrible mess on your hands. (Guess how I know this. ;) )
- Cream butter until light. Gradually add sugars, creaming well until blended. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Stir together flour, salt and soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending well.
- Stir in chips and crushed candy canes.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper. Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes until golden.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.