Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This chocolate cake has a filling of mint truffle that slowly sinks into the batter during cooking.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix with pudding
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 6 hard peppermint candies, finely crushed
- Combine filling ingredients in medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Combine all cake ingredients and beat until smooth. Spoon into greased and floured 12 cup bundt pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the filling over the batter, taking care to keep the filling away from the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes or until done via toothpick test. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, invert onto wire rack and cool for about an hour.
- In medium bowl combine the glaze ingredients and beat with wire whisk until smooth. Add additional milk until desired drizzling consistency. Sprinkle with the crushed peppermint candies.
- Store in refrigerator.