Recipe by Sue Lau
From BC Holiday Cookies. They look nice in the photo and I think it will make a great addition to my holiday cookie trays.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed hard peppermint candy
- additional powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
- Gradually stir in the flour, 1/4 cup crushed candies, and the salt. Then fold in the pecans.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-9 minutes until they are set but not browned.
- While cookies are baking, set up 2 bowls, 1 with powdered sugar and the other with the remaining crushed candies (you will be rolling the cookies in this).
- When cookies come out of the oven, immediately roll them in powdered sugar. Roll again if needed. After 10 minutes, roll powdered cookies in the remaining crushed candies, and reroll again here as well if needed.