Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe for the whole family. Really fun to do as an old-fashioned taffy pull.
Make and share this Peppermint Taffy recipe from Food.com.
- Butter a 15 by 10, by 1 inch pan and set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, vinegar and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat then slowly add milk.
- cook and stir until candy thermometer reads 248. Remove from heat and add the peppermint oil and food colouring.
- Pour into preparred pan and let stand 8 minutes or untill cool enough to handle.
- butter fingers well and quickly pull candy untill it is firm, but pliable. The clour should become a light pink.
- Pull into a 1/2 inch wide rope and cut into 1 inch pieces. Wrap pieces in waxed paper.