Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
some delicious cupcakes that i created on a whim. it tastes great. you will need a skewer to mix the peppermint feel free to create a topping for it as i don't have one yet :)
- 1 2⁄3 cups self-raising flour
- 125 g butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 drops peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- melt butter in small saucepan over low heat until almost all of the butter is melted. take off heat and allow the rest of the butter to melt in radiant heat. cool for 5 minute.
- whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl until well combined and frothy. add butter. whisk well.
- combine flour and sugar in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. add egg mixture. mix until very well combined and smooth so there is no flour/sugar lumps
- wash medium egg bowl well and dry.
- pour 1/4 to 1/3 of the batter into the medium bowl and add peppermint essence and green food dye. mix well.
- spray 12 hole cupcake tin with a little cooking oil or put cases in the tin.
- spoon plain batter into cupcake tins or cases. spoon even amounts of peppermint batter into cases on top of plain batter.
- use a skewer to gently mix the peppermint and the plain batter. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- bake for 12 -15 minutes or until cupcakes have risen and plain parts are a light golden brown
- leave cupcakes to cool then turn out on a wire rack. top with whatever you want.
- relax and enjoy!