Recipe by grandma2969
these are really cute...I just tint some frosting a deep red and paint the cuff, heel and toes red...
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- red food coloring paste
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350*.for cookies.combine flour, and baking powder in a medium bowl --
- in a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg and extracts.
- add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- on a lightly floured surface, use a floured rolling pin to roll out dough to 1/8th" thickness.using desired cookie cutter.( I used one like a sock or stocking) -- cut out dough.
- transfer cookies to a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 or until very lightly browned around edges --
- remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
- to prepare icing:.
- beat confectioners sugar, milk and butter until smooth --
- tint deep red, or desired color --
- ice cookies as desired.