Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great gift for the holidays or a nice treat with a cup of hot chocolate. You can use bittersweet chocolate and vary the nuts as you like.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 16 peppermint stick candy, 3-4 inches long
- Combine the chocolate and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted. Transfer to a bowl. (This part of the recipe can also be done in a microwave).
- Spread the pecans onto a piece of waxed paper. Dip one end of the peppermint stick into the chocolate and then roll in the chopped nuts. Place on waxed paper to set.
- Wrap each candy stick in clear plastic and tie the ends.