- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar, plus
- additional sugar, for dipping
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup peppermint candy, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Cream butter with 6 tablespoons of sugar.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla. Blend in the flour to the butter mixture 1/4 cup at a time. Stir in the crushed candy with a spoon.
- Beat the egg white until frothy.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Dip the top of balls in the egg whites and then into the
- extra sugar. Place on the cookie tray, sugar side up. Put a thumbprint in each cookie and top with a chocolate chip. Bake 10-15 minutes.