1/1 Photo of Peppermint Stars
These peppermint-flavored meringues are virtually fat-free and they're fun to eat, too, because they melt like magic on your tongue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2Line two large cookie sheets with brown paper or foil, set aside.
- 3Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites.
- 4Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- 5Gradually add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff, glossy peaks form (tips stand straight) and sugar dissolves. Quickly beat in peppermint extract. Tint pink with several drops of red food coloring, if desired.
- 6Using a pastry tube with a large star decorating tip, pipe cookies onto prepared cookie sheets (form cookies about 1-1/2 inches in diameter).
- 7Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Turn off oven and let cookies dry in oven with door closed about 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from cookie sheets.
- 9Cover and store in a dry place. Makes 45 cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Stars
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g