Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really good fluffy cookies that taste minty- great in winter!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely crushed peppermint candy
- granulated sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, butter, peppermint extract, vanilla and egg.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl until creamy (2-3 minutes). Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat, scraping bowl until well blended (1-2 minutes).
- By hand, stir in 1/2 cup candy.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl mix rest of powdered sugar and enough milk for maple syrup consistency.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with glaze. Immediately sprinkle with the remaining peppermint candies.