Recipe by lauralie41
I found this recipe on Eversave's website and it was submitted by By Kate Lovering. Have to have peppermint cookies on the holiday trays!
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
I used up a tons of leftover candy canes for these light cookies. They are very pretty too. I rolled half of them in the sugar and candies. I made some buttercream frosting and sprinkled crushed candy on top of the rest. They were both enjoyed. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup peppermint candy, hard candies, crush
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender crush hard peppermint candies. Into the flour, stir 1/4 cup of the crushed candies.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in the flour and candy mixture along with the salt.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apaart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8-9 minutes or until set but not browned.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet immediately and roll in powdered sugar. Wait 10 minutes and than roll cookies in remaining crushed candies.