Prep 25 mins
Cook 9 mins
I found this recipe on Eversave's website and it was submitted by By Kate Lovering. Have to have peppermint cookies on the holiday trays!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender crush hard peppermint candies. Into the flour, stir 1/4 cup of the crushed candies.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in the flour and candy mixture along with the salt.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apaart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8-9 minutes or until set but not browned.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet immediately and roll in powdered sugar. Wait 10 minutes and than roll cookies in remaining crushed candies.
I used up a tons of leftover candy canes for these light cookies. They are very pretty too. I rolled half of them in the sugar and candies. I made some buttercream frosting and sprinkled crushed candy on top of the rest. They were both enjoyed. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)
These were very good...light and airy. I had a lot of the crushed peppermint candies left over after rolling them so next time I will add 1/2 cup of the crushed peppermints to the batter and just leave 1/4 cup to roll them around in. This would make a great addition to any Christmas cookie platter. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.