Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
On my to-bake list for Christmas this year. These are from Gold Medal.
Make and share this Peppermint Snowball Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Mix 1/4 cup crushed candies and 1/4 cup powdered sugar; reserve.
- Mix butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup crushed candies, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir in flour and salt.
- Shape dough by level tablespoonfuls into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set, but not brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet and roll in reserved candy mixture.
- Cool completely on wire rack, then roll in candy mixture again.
There is a BIG typo in this recipe. The amount of flour should be twice that, or the cookies will simply flatten out. If you want the actual recipe that works properly, making snow "balls", check the Betty Crocker recipe. I believe that you need to use 2 - 2 1/2 cups of flour or it won't work!
I wasn't crazy about these cookies. They were very bland. They needed a boost of something. I didn't care for the texture either.
My daughter came home raving about crushed peppermint cookies, and this was what came up with the 'search'. They are absolutely wonderful! We broke up the candies easily by sticking them in a plastic baggie and using a rolling pin. They do seem to hold their shape best if you keep the dough cold. And it's really important that they don't start to get brown, or they will lose their shape! I made these for two separate parties, and both times they were the one dish that was completely empty at the end of the night!