1/1 Photo of Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
Amy in Kansas's Note:
A festive shortbread cookie with a touch of peppermint. A great use for broken and left over candy canes! As posted by BakedChicago.typepad.com on 12/05/07.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1Mix butter, sugar, crushed candy and vanilla -- gradually blending in flour and corn starch.
- 2Form 1-inch balls and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Gently press down on each cookie to flatten.
- 3Bake in 300°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bottoms start to brown.
- 4Cool and remove to a wire rack.
- 5Combine confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until frosting is smooth. Drizzle on cookies and sprinkle with crushed candy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (715 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 45.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: