3 hrs 45 mins
This is a modification of Sea Salt Ice Cream(Kingdom Hearts 2 Sea Salt Ice Cream). When I first saw it, I found that it was a little too "much" for me, so to speak, so I made some changes. This version is the result of running out of vanilla extract, so I used peppermint instead. Came out nice. This would be more of a "Freeze" than an actual ice cream, but I still found it tasty whether I used vanilla or peppermint.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the eggs into two good sized bowls.
- 2Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 3Mix the egg yolks and Splenda until thick.
- 4Slowly bring the milk to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 5Pour the hot milk into yolk/splenda mixture and mix well.
- 6Pour milk/yolk/splenda mixture back into pot and heat on medium until thicker to make a custard (DON'T LET IT BOIL! also, if you can't get it to a custard thickness,just get it as thick as you can ).
- 7Pour custard in with beaten egg whites and mix well.
- 8Add sea salt.
- 9Put mixture in fridge to cool(about an hour).
- 10Once cool, add cream and peppermint extract.
- 11Add green food coloring.
- 12Freeze, following your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- 13I don't have an ice cream maker, so I just kept it all in a bowl and let it freeze for a few hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Sea Salt Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.2
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 144.2 mg
- Sodium 1306.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cool whip