Recipe by House
This is a modification of Sea Salt Ice Cream(Kingdom Hearts 2 Sea Salt Ice Cream). When I first saw it, I found that it was a little too "much" for me, so to speak, so I made some changes. This version is the result of running out of vanilla extract, so I used peppermint instead. Came out nice. This would be more of a "Freeze" than an actual ice cream, but I still found it tasty whether I used vanilla or peppermint.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt (or to taste)
- green food coloring (looks better with it) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate the eggs into two good sized bowls.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the egg yolks and Splenda until thick.
- Slowly bring the milk to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the hot milk into yolk/splenda mixture and mix well.
- Pour milk/yolk/splenda mixture back into pot and heat on medium until thicker to make a custard (DON'T LET IT BOIL! also, if you can't get it to a custard thickness,just get it as thick as you can ).
- Pour custard in with beaten egg whites and mix well.
- Add sea salt.
- Put mixture in fridge to cool(about an hour).
- Once cool, add cream and peppermint extract.
- Add green food coloring.
- Freeze, following your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- I don't have an ice cream maker, so I just kept it all in a bowl and let it freeze for a few hours or overnight.