Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle light corn syrup
- 2 cups 80-proof vodka
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 2 quart pan over medium heat.
- Heat until sugar dissolves, stirring regularly (about 5 minutes).
- When sugar has dissolved, add vodka and stir well.
- Remove mixture from heat and cover tighly with lid.
- Let cool.
- Add peppermint extract to mixture and pour into a sealable bottle.
What can I say...it taste very much like the real thing, only MUCH less expensive. Good for opening up your sinuses! I'm going to try this recipe with other flavorings, such as cinnamon, orange and raspberry.
This looked too fun and too simple not to try...and sure enough, it's a great little recipe. Super easy but with a very nice taste at the end; I've just found a new addition to holiday gift-giving! Do watch when adding the cooler vodka to the hot sugar mixture as it will bubble and steam (don't lean over while stirring...unless you *want* the contact high from the vapors, lol). I'm keeping mine in the fridge during this hot summer; perfect for evening mixing, especially my new-found fave, Mud Flap #67680. Thanks SO much for posting!