Recipe by Cookin' Cop
A nice little twist on the classic fudge recipe. If it tastes too "alcoholly" you can always add the schnapps before you remove from heat so you can cook off some of the alcohol.
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cocoa
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup)
- 0.75 (1 1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 ounce peppermint schnapps
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Set 2 cups of powdered sugar aside. You can also set aside up to 1 tablespoons to use for dusting the finished fudge, if you like.
- Combine remaining powdered sugar, butter, and evaporated milk. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir at boiling for approximately four minutes (until about 230-235 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- Add remaining sugar, shortening, and cocao.
- Stir for another 4 minutes or so, until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallow creme, nuts, schnapps, and vanilla, stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour into foil-lined 8"x8" pan. Dust with powdered sugar if you like. Cool at room temperature for four hours. Cut into squares.