4 hrs 30 mins
Cookin' Cop's Note:
A nice little twist on the classic fudge recipe. If it tastes too "alcoholly" you can always add the schnapps before you remove from heat so you can cook off some of the alcohol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set 2 cups of powdered sugar aside. You can also set aside up to 1 tablespoons to use for dusting the finished fudge, if you like.
- 2Combine remaining powdered sugar, butter, and evaporated milk. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 3Continue to stir at boiling for approximately four minutes (until about 230-235 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- 4Add remaining sugar, shortening, and cocao.
- 5Stir for another 4 minutes or so, until well blended. Remove from heat.
- 6Add marshmallow creme, nuts, schnapps, and vanilla, stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- 7Pour into foil-lined 8"x8" pan. Dust with powdered sugar if you like. Cool at room temperature for four hours. Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Schnapps Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (1754 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 16.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: