Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This herbal steam will open pores, extract impurities and clear sinuses. It is also very helpful for alleviating headaches. From a spa pamphlet I received recently.
- 4 drops peppermint essential oils
- 4 drops rosemary essential oils
- 1 gallon boiling water
- Pour boiling water in a large bowl, and let cool slightly before adding the oils.
- Add oils.
- Put face over bowl and cover head with a towel.
- Allow vapors to steam skin and accumulate for 10 minutes.
It is now part of my weekly regiment.
LOVE IT !!! unforgettable memories with my GIRLFRIENDS!!!
This was a wonderful solution to an unhappy combination of a migraine and a sinus infection. I used one of those spa facial steamers which only takes about a cup of water, so reduced the oils accordingly. The peppermint made it easier to breathe and the rosemary was very relaxing. Just the smell alone was wonderful - I'm thinking about doing this on the stovetop as a simmering potpourri type of thing. Thanks for posting a wonderful, pampering (and super easy!) spa luxury that can be easily done at home. :)